(Posted on January 1st, 2015)
I can't believe 2014 flew by like that! Now I have to get use to writing "2015" on my journey entries..
Today I want to share a collection of my accomplished/not accomplished 2014 resolutions, as well as my plans and wishes for 2015.
My 2014 New Year's Resolution (in no particular order):
1. Practice becoming more active...doing more things outside. ✔
2. Continue to make more videos and experiment with the type of videos you make. ✔
3. Make a short film ✔ (kinda)
4. Cut back the amount of time I spend online ✘
6. Read more nonfiction books ✔ (all of them were nonfiction, except one!)
7. Finish the whole bible with more godly wisdom ✔
8. Get to know God better, keep growing in faith ✔
9. Learn more grown up things ✔ (inevitably)
10. Sleep earlier ✘, wake up earlier ✔ (I finally wake up earlier, but I sleep later... Hmmm..)
11. Start and end your day with Jesus ✔
12. Reach 10,000 subscribers ✔ (wowow I just wrote this for the heck of it, but it actually came true!!)
13. Be a 3 digit weight ✔ (FINALLY)
14. Learn to surf ✘ (why do i always put this one on.......)
Frankly, during the last few weeks of 2014 I was pretty scared - scared of heading into another year full of unknowns and inevitable pain that lies ahead of me (as it was described in my last blog post). Then I remembered how God was nothing but loving and faithful to his promises in 2014. I keep getting taken back to this verse in Matthew 6:33, where it reads:
"But first seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you."
That bible verse promises you that if you continue to keep God first in your life, your priority, then everything else will be taken care of. Looking back at 2014, that's what I kept doing. When I didn't understand the things He was doing in my life, I still turned to Him. When things didn't go right, I still trusted Him and I still do. God is a faithful God, and it's through His actions that His words carry meaning. His words are trustworthy. So here I am, grasping what is true and good as I walk through this thick, white fog called 2015. I will tell myself that I trust God. I will let my actions show that I trust God. Yes, there will be times I forget this, but I will remind myself of his faithfulness.
That being said, I want to share what are my resolutions for 2015 are!
(Taken out of my journal)
My 2015 New Year's Resolution (in no particular order):
1. To be more comfortable with being uncomfortable - really pushing myself out of my comfort zone because I believe that's when you're living the fullest.
“I want to get more comfortable being uncomfortable. I want to get more confident being uncertain. I don’t want to shrink back just because something isn't easy. I want to push back, and make more room in the area between I can’t and I can.” -Kristin Armstrong
2. To really, really, really really learn Korean - from learning how to write it better, read it faster, and speak it clearer.
3. To love my body enough to take care of it well. That means more exercise, face mask, healthy foods, and less ramen noodles, lazy days, and stress.
4. The most important of all in this list: that I will continue to seek God more, be more attentive to His guidance, and live a life worthy of him. I want to live a life that screams love for Him with a joyful and grateful heart. I want to choose to be in love with him daily - and let that decide everything I do.
"Everything I want is just Him, to get lost in Him, to feel His love and more and more of this dazzling that He does. I wonder at His beautiful system and how it feels better than anything I could choose or invent for myself. I wonder as I gaze up at the night sky, this love letter from God to creation, this reminder that somewhere there is peace, somewhere there is order, and I think about how great His kingdom is, and is going to be." -Donald Miller
5. This one is for the sake of my own desire - to travel somewhere and fully explore. My thirst for adventure has only grown and I want to feed it with the wild! Wherever that is!
6. I want to grow in the areas that was planted in 2014: grow in making videos and see if it's for me, grow in photography and see if I still like it, and to grow in teaching Sunday School to see if I'm any good at it...etc.
7. Take more photos! That's the only way I will learn to become a better "photographer."
8. Film another short film. Let's make this one good this time?
9. Finish the entire bible a second time - along with more understanding and wisdom!
10. Finish all the books I started in 2014 (thanks school), so I can buy more books!! Yaay books!
11. Actually read the care taking tips for succulents and not kill them all again. I mean they all die so fast..
12. To learn how to cook more Korean dishes - How do I expect myself to cook for my future husband?!
13. Sleep no later than past 12 a.m.
14. Practice becoming a women of prayer.....practice and practice and practice.
**This list is subject to change and get updated throughout the year.
Here's to 2015!!!! *Holds cup of water*